Friday, September 16, 2011

Everything on a Waffle -- Polly Horvath

This is how to write a book from the point of view of a child. Bravo!

When Primrose's parents are lost at sea, everyone but her is convinced that they're dead. The story is full of hope, recipes, and startlingly profound insights into why people act the way they do. Harvath's writing is sharp and clever, with just the right mix of humor, wit, and sincerity. Her characters are absolutely wonderful. I loved each and every one of them. And the ending? Perfection.

Read this book. You'll thank me.

Estimated Reading Level: 4th grade
Grade: A+

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, but I have a suggestion. You should have a couple of posts about older books. It's good to review the new books, but some of the older books that were around when we were in 4th grade and such were amazing! Wayside Stories? Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH? The Wrinkle in Time series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good suggestion. And don't worry! I have every intention of posting older books, but I have to reread them so I know I've accurately analyzed them.

    ReplyDelete